Central Carolina Hospital provides patient and family-centered care by recommending visitation schedules that are appropriate to the level of care. General visiting may occur throughout the day until 8:30 p.m.
Effective Monday, May 3rd, Central Carolina Hospital will begin allowing two visitors per day and extending visiting hours for eligible inpatients. All visitors must be 18 or older and have a temperature assessment before being issued an armband and proceeding to a patient room. All visitors must also bring a mask that covers their mouth and nose and wear the mask at all times.
- Two well visitors per eligible patient will be admitted to the hospital per day. Visitation for inpatients is from 9am - 8:30pm daily, with the exception of labor and delivery and the ICU.
- ICU visitation is from 12pm - 6pm daily.
High Risk Patients:
- With limited exceptions, visitors are not allowed for high-risk, isolation, or immunocompromised patients, or patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
Labor and Delivery/Postpartum:
- Laboring mothers may designate two support people to stay with them during labor and delivery. If a doula is present, they count as one person.
- Postpartum patients may have two well visitors per day, including one designated support person that stays with the mother for length of stay.
- Outpatient surgery, catheterization lab, or gastrointestinal lab patients may have one approved companion that must wait in the patient's surgery room or designated area until discharge. For imaging, rehab, wound care, and other outpatient procedures, only elderly patients or patients needing assistance may bring a companion.
- Emergency Department patients may have one visitor that must remain with the patient the entire time (can not come and go or switch with other visitors).
- Emergency Department visitation remains at the discretion of the provider or charge nurse. Limited exceptions will be made for pediatric patients, patients that need special assistance, or for end-of-life patients.
Clergy: Clergy members are welcome in addition to a patient’s two well visitors. Volunteer clergy members that have completed orientation may visit patients 24/7 with their ID badge. Other clergy members may visit outside of regular business hours as requested for end-of-life care (must come through the Emergency Department entrance for after-hours screening).
CCH's commitment to safety and quality care guides this decision. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we continue to navigate this time together.