Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Dr. Katherin Asadi, DO Joins Central Carolina Hospital
October 7, 2016
Central Carolina Hospital today announced that Katherine Asadi, D.O., has joined its staff and will be offering Internal Medicine services to patients throughout Sanford. Dr. Asadi brings more than 20 years of clinical experience to Central Carolina Hospital and is the third employed physician to join the hospital's medical staff this year.
"Dr. Asadi has years of experience practicing medicine as an Internist and is an excellent addition to our hospital team," said John Maxwell, CEO of Central Carolina Hospital. "Dr. Asadi's expertise on the south side of town will be important as Central Carolina Hospital strives to meet our community's evolving healthcare needs."
Dr. Asadi joins Central Carolina Hospital from Maryland, where she did private practice as a General Internist. Before that, she was a General Internist at Sinai Hospital Lifebridge Health in Baltimore, MD.
Dr. Asadi graduated from Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences in Kansas City, MO. She completed her residency at Franklin Square Hospital Center in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Asadi specializes in Internal Medicine, Women's Health, Preventative Care, Diabetes and Patient Education.
Dr. Asadi is now accepting new patients at Carolina Internal Medicine located at 4546 NC Highway 87 South Sanford, NC 27332. For a referral or to schedule an appointment, please call 919.499.5151.
About Central Carolina Hospital
Central Carolina Hospital, a DukeLifepoint Hospital, is a 137-bed acute care hospital that serves the health care needs of Lee County and surrounding communities. With over 120 physicians, the hospital offers a wide range of specialties including cardiology, orthopedics, general surgery, obstetrics, gynecology, otolaryngology, emergency medicine, emergency medical services, gastroenterology, pediatrics, hospitalist services, internal medicine, nephrology, neurology, hematology, urology, podiatry, dentistry, pulmonary medicine, and wound care and hyperbaric medicine. Hospital services include emergency room, physical and occupational therapy, ophthalmology, cardiac rehabilitation, diagnostic imaging and radiology, inpatient and outpatient surgery, dialysis, maternity services, nutritional counseling by clinical dietitians, and diagnostic cardiac catheterization. Central Carolina Hospital was reaccredited by the Joint Commission for a 3-year period in May 2015.
Committed to providing quality care to the community, the hospital has earned numerous disease-specific quality designations:
- American Heart Association Get with the GuidelinesSM Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award for Heart Failure, January 2016
- American Heart Association Get with the GuidelinesSM Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award for Stroke, January 2016
- American College of Radiology Gold Seal Accredited for Mammography June 2016
- Healogics Center of Distinction for Wound Care, February2016
- Joint Commission Advanced Certification for Heart Failure, June 2015
- Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Certification, March 2015
- Joint Commission Certification for Chest Pain, December 2015
- Blue Distinction Center+ for Maternity Care, January 2016
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade "A", October 2016
Public Relations and Marketing Director