Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Medicare Insurance Helpline
We understand how complex and confusing Medicare can be. There is a wide variety of insurance coverages available through Medicare, including Medicare Advantage, Supplements and Prescription Drug plans. Dozens of insurance companies offer Medicare coverage, and to further complicate matters, healthcare providers do not typically accept all Medicare plans.
In coordination with MedicareCompareUSA, we are pleased to offer the Medicare Insurance Helpline; a free and unbiased resource for comparing and enrolling in Medicare plans accepted by Central Carolina Hospital providers.
This helpline allows you to:
- Compare local and national Medicare plans accepted by your healthcare provider
- Talk to a licensed, unbiased and extensively trained insurance agent
- Access assistance throughout the Medicare plan enrollment process
Call toll-free 855.581.8943 for assistance.
The Medicare Insurance Helpline is serviced by MedicareCompareUSA, an independent insurance agency representing Medicare plans accepted by Central Carolina Hospital MedicareCompareUSA affiliated agents are extensively trained to assist patients with Medicare plan comparisons and to help match plans to the specific needs, preferences and budget of the patient.
*MedicareCompareUSA is an independent insurance agency that is not affiliated with the federal Medicare program. All services provided at no cost; MedicareCompareUSA and its affiliated agents are paid directly by the Medicare plan chosen by the beneficiary.
Special Message for Retired State Employees:
We are committed to helping our patients understand their health insurance options. Recently, we have received questions about how our contract negotiations with UnitedHealthcare will impact retired state employees. As we work with UnitedHealthcare on a new contract for hospital and employed physician services, retired state employees need to know:
- Non-Medicare eligible state retirees are currently covered by a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan and are not impacted by our hospital's work with UnitedHealthcare.
- Medicare-eligible state retirees covered by a UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plan can continue to receive services at our hospital regardless of our contract status with UnitedHealthcare. The state has designed the plan with the same out-of-pocket expense for in-network and out-of-network providers. As a result, we look forward to continuing to serve you as your preferred provider.
Central Carolina Hospital is encouraging all Medicare patients with questions about their 2019 insurance coverage to call the Medicare Helpline at 855.581.8943.
The helpline will give patients the chance to discuss their existing coverage and consider their options for 2019 coverage.